Skip to main content

Nostalgia





Flagellated by the whip of friendship
Lost in the dark, found by wrath
Disfigured by mental inflictions 
Broken and ripped from the inside out
Overwhelmed and drowned in tears
Here I am the son of Nostalgia
I put my head against the wall
Ceaseless sighs from my nostrils
The frowns erased the beauty of the past
I can remember the sweet memories
Your smile is stained within my mind
My ears are filled with your reverberating voice
Under my skin, I can sense the throbbing ache
While holding closed fists to endure the pain
Alas! the happy child inside is no more
Alas! All of this joy was temporary
Alas! All of this was gone in one day
Where art thou, my sweetest friend?
Why have you been hiding in my mind?
Will I see you again, my sweetest friend?
Maybe never and that is why I am the son of Nostalgia

BY JOHN MAYER CHARMANT

(THIS POEM MUST NOT BE REPUBLISHED UNDER ANY OTHER SIGNATURE BESIDES THE AUTHOR’S SIGNATURE STATED HEREIN.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Truth

Some ask , some answer Some don't ask , some don't answer But why ? Why do we do or do not ? Why do we seek or seek not ? The old man is searching for a purpose The young man is looking for a reason to act But the wise  discerns and relentlessly thinks But why ? It seems like the answer is on the tip of your tongue It  might be that you can hear it from the melodious voice of the choir It might be that you already knew it all along But why people keep confusing me ? This world is too loud I'm tired of you and you and you ! I think I knew it all along Here's the answer It is near Here's he standing on the clouds with truth and retribution Witness the power of truth  by  John Mayer Charmant This poem shall not be republished under any other name besides the author's name mentioned herein

NOT A LONER

Even when everything is still Know that I am always nearby A part of me is for you to fill You are someone who I can't deny Please,don't say you are alone I am with you in the darkest night Don't think your life is monotone Cause everyday you are my reviving light Come close under my wing There's comfort there for you If you want me quiet,I won't say a thing It could be different if it's me and you Open your door and turn on the lamp Let's enjoy our most lovable wine Let me cherish you like a little lamb For you are precious golden mine Don't weep if the world doesn't want you I am here with you,I will still call you boo Maybe for you it feels like there's no one But you count on me,I am still around I can dance with you even if I'm not the best I can give you joke to stimulate laughter And strengthen your heart during the tests I can be the one that makes you a believer So, don't feel like you are a loner Sto...

My little Racoon

Daughter, I know you'll leave me soon I'll miss you, my little racoon  I will be by myself gazing up to the moon  Who will play with me at the park when it's noon? Cause, my darling , you'll leave me soon Daughter, I know you'll leave me soon When it's my birthday, who will bring me balloon? Who's gonna sit by me to watch cartoon ? You won't be there , my little racoon  Cause, my little clone, you'll leave me soon Who will I teach how to properly use a spoon? Who will I tell bedtime stories about the moth and the cocoon? Please remember , my little racoon  Daddy will always love you, my little racoon Let me dry these tears  until that day comes Alas, I can't believe you'll leave me soon! I am sorry, I can't take it anymore It just hurts the more I think about you I love you, my little racoon by  John Mayer Charmant This poem shall not be republished under any other name besides the author...